Whatever sort of problem we experience as veg*n animal advocates – and we all have a few, whether it’s being ridiculed or trolled, feeling utterly isolated among family and friends, struggling with the diet, right through to compassion fatigue and burnout – there is a totally awesome new venture all ready to give each of us the individual support we need. And this support means we can stay strong fighting for the animals.
It’s called The Animal Activist Support Line
The sad facts are these:
- 84% of vegetarians and vegans resume eating meat, according to Faunalytics
- Nearly half of those said they just found the diet too difficult
- Nearly half said they were influenced by their significant other when they lapsed
- A huge 63% said they couldn’t hack sticking out from the crowd
None of that is good news.
Veg*ns can also get depressed, or even suffer from PTSD. I certainly know of a young vegan who was still suffering from PTSD a year after a visit to a slaughterhouse which was part of an animal Husbandry college course. You know what it’s like – just when we think we’ve already seen into every vile corner of the human heart, we come across a new obscenity of animal abuse exposed on Facebook, and feel such crushing sorrow and emotional pain. Sometimes we wonder if we have the strength to go on. Or even if there is any point. Do those thousands of petitions we sign make any difference? Do those demos change anything, or do people just think we’re fanatical cranks? Does all our social media action help at all? Do people even look at the leaflets we hand out, before they drop them in the nearest bin?
The wonderful Animal Activist Support Line is there to help. You can choose from
- 24-hr email support
- 24-hr online chat
- 24-hr texting support
- Daily email affirmations – cute animals dropping into your Inbox to bring back your smile!
The Support Line says
We’re here to help with
- Burn-out & compassion fatigue
- Depression, anxiety, isolation, & stress
- Unsupportive friends/family
- Difficulty transitioning to a veg lifestyle
- Activist in-fighting
- Concerns about effective activism
We can provide
- Non-judgmental support
- Crisis intervention & support
- Help getting involved in animal rights
- Self-care strategies
- Resources about effective activism
- Answers to questions