Between April 15-30 people in every continent of the world (except I imagine Antarctica!) will be baking luscious goodies for vegan cake sales, and we are all invited to join in the party. Anyone anywhere any group or individual can organise their own sale and use the proceeds however they choose, a local sanctuary, hunt sabs, badger watch, animal charity.
You don’t even have to be vegan to join in the fun. There are just 2 rules:
- Goods sold must be vegan. For baking, most importantly this means no dairy or eggs.
- Don’t have/do anything that contributes to or promotes the use/harm of animals.
- It’s a fun way to introduce people to the joy and tastiness of vegan foods.
- Raise money and awareness for your favorite cause(s).
- Be part of an event that will publicize the many benefits of an animal-free diet.
How to Participate
- Plan to hold a vegan bake sale sometime between April 15-30.
- Let us (and the world) know by using our handy sign-up form (preferred) or emailing us at email@example.com. Also, please promote on social media.
- Hold the bake sale.
- Follow up if you can. Please let us know how you did and/or how much you raised so we can include it in our count. Send photos, or a link to a blog post, whatever you’d like to help us celebrate and inspire others.
How It Works
Groups of all sizes hold vegan bake sales to support their favorite causes. Each group customizes the details to suit their preferred size, style, location, and beneficiaries, according to their strengths and interests.
Open to any group… you do not need to be part of a vegan or animal advocacy group to participate, as long as the treats and other materials don’t use animal products or promote the use of animals.
We also recommend an easy option for individuals who want to participate but are short on time or resources. Instead of selling treats, do a vegan treats free give-away at work, school, or a community event. Pair with vegan literature for a bigger impact.
Most people are against cruelty to animals. Yet, there is inherent cruelty in the use of animals for food.
While it is common to think that dairy and egg industries are less cruel than meat industries, in fact they result in more suffering for the animals during their lifetime, and animals used for eggs and dairy are still slaughtered for cheap meat.
Vegan bake sales are a fun and friendly way to demonstrate that vegan food is delicious in addition to being better for health, the environment, and animals.