If there is one thing that animals need in this cruel world, it is Justice. Thank you ALDF for promoting this hugely important issue with a special week.
In celebration of National Justice for Animal Week, the fantastic Animal Legal Defense Fund which advocates for animals in America’s courts of law, honors the nation’s “Top Ten Animal Defenders”.
You can see which attorneys and police officers, fighting tirelessly for justice for animals, won this well-deserved accolade here. You may find you have a champion for animals right in your own backyard!
What is the Animal Legal Defense Fund?
Every day, ALDF works to protect animals by:
- Filing groundbreaking lawsuits to stop animal abuse and expand the boundaries of animal law.
- Providing free legal assistance to prosecutors handling cruelty cases.
- Working to strengthen state anti-cruelty statutes.
- Encouraging the federal government to enforce existing animal protection laws.
- Nurturing the future of animal law through Student Animal Legal Defense Fund chapters and our Animal Law Program.
- Providing public education through seminars, workshops and other outreach efforts.
Sign up for the ALDF’s email newsletter and action alerts here
Celebrate National Justice for Animals Week by supporting the ALDF here
An example of ALDF’s legal victories that brings hope in this case for four white tigers in Denver. Click here
I’m a little bit late getting this out to you. So if you want to be ready in advance for future Animal Months, Weeks and Days here is a full calendar. You will also see which to avoid, like December 27th’s ‘Visit the Zoo Day’!